SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 3, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The American Council of Engineering Companies, California (ACEC California) announced today the recipients of its 2023 Scholarships. ACEC California’s Scholarship Basis awards once-a-year scholarships to completed graduate or undergraduate university college students operating toward a diploma in engineering or land surveying, with the best award recipients nominated to implement for the ACEC Nationwide scholarship level of competition.
“This scholarship permits proficient people today to accessibility high-quality schooling and schooling, which can be a key steppingstone toward a profitable job in land surveying or the engineering market,” said Assemblymember Chris Ward (D-San Diego). “I applaud ACEC’s leadership for your continued expense in supporting to improve California’s infrastructure.”
In total, ACEC California awarded $65,000 in scholarship funds to 14 students: seven graduate college students and seven undergraduate pupils. This year’s scholarship recipients have demonstrated notable accomplishment in their respective regions of review and a solid desire in urgent coverage troubles facing California which includes, properly advocating for a new trash receptacle ordinance in the Metropolis of La Mesa, enhancing shopper administration procedures in high priority storm drain constructions, applying a variety of packages to give types and assessment of constructions, and offering outreach to substantial school and center school college students endorsing the industry of environmental engineering in underserved communities.
“The world requirements much more engineers and land surveyors, and ACEC California is very pleased to enable support the bright and promising careers of these students,” said Brad Diede, Executive Director of ACEC California. “These are well paying occupations. Specially as California and our nation at large has increased funding for infrastructure, it is important that we continue to do our ideal to convey younger people into the fields of these structure professions.”
The 2023 Scholarship Foundation award recipients are:
- Zayd Andre, University of California, Merced, pursuing a bachelor’s in computer science and engineering.
- Soulaimane Bentaleb, University of California, Los Angeles, pursuing a master’s in bioengineering.
- Julia Braviroff, California State University, Fullerton, pursuing a master’s in environmental engineering.
- Alex Chau, San Diego State University, pursuing a bachelor’s in civil engineering.
- Hannah Dearman-So, Harvey Mudd College, pursuing a bachelor’s in mechanical engineering.
- Michelle Don, University of California, Los Angeles, pursuing a master’s in civil engineering.
- Michael Fink, California State University, Fresno, pursuing a bachelor’s in geomatics engineering.
- Jacqueline Gomez, California Polytechnic University, Pomona, pursuing a bachelor’s in civil engineering.
- Samantha Moore, University of California, Irvine, pursuing a bachelor’s in civil engineering.
- Polina Popova, San Diego State University, pursuing a master’s in environmental engineering.
- Jasmine Randhawa, University of the Pacific, pursuing a bachelor’s in civil engineering.
- Israel Rivera, University of California, Davis, pursuing a master’s in civil engineering.
- Jayci Tsuhako, University of California, San Diego, pursuing a master’s in structural engineering.
- Frances Yu, California State University, Fresno, pursuing a master’s in land surveying.
To learn more about the ACEC California Scholarship Foundation program and the pupils go to http://www.acec-ca.org/scholarship.
About ACEC California
ACEC California is a 60 plus yr-previous, nonprofit affiliation of private consulting engineering and land surveying corporations. As a statewide business, we are devoted to enhancing the consulting engineering and land surveying professions, protecting the typical community and selling use of the private sector in the growth and improvement of our condition. Stick to us on Social Media: Instagram | Fb | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
Source American Council of Engineering Businesses, California